Pages

Thursday, November 11, 2021

#Legacies 4.5 - “I Thought You’d Be Happier To See Me” live blog #RebekahMikaelson #Tribrid #witches #werewolves #vampires #TheOriginals

“I Thought You’d Be Happier To See Me”
CLAIRE HOLT GUEST STARS — Hope (Danielle Rose Russell) is tracked down by the one person who could help her – Rebekah Mikaelson (guest star Claire Holt). Rebekah is fearful of what path Hope has chosen but makes every effort to get through to her. Josie (Kaylee Bryant) and Lizzie (Jenny Boyd) hold out hope in a seemingly dire situation as MG (Quincy Fouse) figures out what he can do to help. Meanwhile, Kaleb (Chris Lee) wants to set things right and turns to Cleo (Omono Okojie) for guidance. Aria Shahghasemi, Matthew Davis, Leo Howard, and Ben Levin also star. Lauren Petzke directed the episode written by Brett Matthews (#401). Original airdate 11/11/2021.





Image credit: The CW

Episode 5 (4.1):

Hope became the Tribrid in the previous episode (3.20) and turned her humanity off after killing Malivore in Landon's body. Then called Ric for a one-on-one that has probably not ended well for him.

Hope was 15 during The Originals finale. Rebekah and Marcel agreed to get married. She's going to get The Cure from Damon at the end of his life with Elena, decades from now. Marcel told Hope "I will never abandon you. Breathe my name..."

All TVD posts on this blog here and all Originals posts here.

Sheriff coming to the school in daylight. Knock on the door. Lizzie slept on the sofa. She gets the door. Asks if there's someone to speak to. She'll go wake her father. You're Alaric Saltzman's daughter? I'm afraid I have bad news.

Josie wakes up. Finch still in the bed. What do you want to do today? Finch wants to celebrate. They kiss. Lizzie yells.

Ethan and MG in a room. Ethan says bad luck comes in threes. MG says this room belonged to Stefan Salvatore. Landon made the ultimate hero move. Number three. Ethan's still zoomie. Finch tells MG Lizzie needs you!

Kaleb finds Cleo in the art room. He couldn't sleep, either. Trying to think of a way to make up for his mistakes. She wonders how. He says sometimes we laugh so we don't cry. She says if you wish to be forgiven, be honest with your friends. Our friends.

Lizzie ranting about Ric's attack. They're cutting into Dad right now. Dorian is in Shanghai. Caroline in the Congo. MG's blood could fix Dad in a second. Josie says everyone can hear you. Lizzie doesn't care. Josie tells her Dad will pull through. MG says Ric is out of surgery and stable. But I don't think I'll be able to fix what's wrong with him. Cleo and Kaleb arrive.

Hope in a bar. Came here to drink. She compels the bartender to grab her a bottle of tequila. Then targets a woman as prey. Dances with her. I'm a tornado looking for a soul to take. Hope vamps out and Rebekah says mind if I cut in. Who's this classy bitch? My aunt Rebekah.

**Rebekah does look a little different. Her hair isn't in the usual bouncy waves and her brows are darker and fuller. Let's keep an eye out for her engagement ring from Marcel. Updates about the family? Kol and Davina are out there somewhere. Might've been a better choice for Freya to send than just Rebekah since Hope has magic.

Rebekah says it's been too long, little one. I thought you'd be happy to see me. The prey says lady, she doesn't want you here. Rebekah says I am a fancy bitch and country music is for garbage people. Run and change it for me. Rebekah says this is my worst nightmare. Here you are looking at me like I'm an old. Dear God, please tell me I used that right. Hope asks what fun did you have in mind? A drink, for starters. Rebekah feeds on the woman.

Ethan's strength failed while he was weight lifting. Finch saves him. She hates hospitals. He asks how you manage dating a Saltzman. Theoretically. He gave her grief with Maia, but he didn't know she was a werewolf. He'd like to do something for Lizzie, let her know she's not alone in this.

Kaleb says Hope's not at the school. The Squad did a mirror conference. Vardemus says Ric is in a coma and vampire blood can't heal the human brain. The doctors don't know what happens until Ric wakes up. Cleo suggests going into Ric's mind. Lizzie doesn't trust Kaleb. It's up to MG. The trio goes to his room. Kaleb says I deserved that. Wish there was something I could do. Cleo says if there's another monster out there..... Kaleb's going to find Hope.

Rebekah and Hope. Hope wants to drain the woman dry and pop another open. You said you wanted to have fun. Rebekah compels the woman to leave, but always remember country music is awful. Rebekah says you have a family that loves you and has gone through this before. She pleads with Hope to come home with her. Hope isn't interested. Rebekah asks what am I missing? Then she finally figures out Hope is missing her humanity.

Ric and Hope. She says the speech again about being finally free. He asks why she brought him here. To send a message. She rushes him and tosses him into an obelisk. Then beats him. Including in the head. He spits blood. He's terrified. She finally realized. I am my father's daughter. She rolls him. Stands on his back and stomps down. There's a crack and he's unconscious. Hope says And I'm cool with that. Hope leaves.
Lizzie and Josie rush to him. Lizzie tries to wake him. Josie says He's not here. this is his last memory. We need to warn the others. Lizzie says if Hope was here I would kill her. Josie says you don't mean that. And I don't think it'd be possible. Lizzie says If you want to protect our friends, it's better to not tell them. She'll murder them, too. Josie says Dad has to be here somewhere! His footprints are in two different places. Lizzie asks What went that way? His psyche? His soul? Josie says only one way to find out.

Lizzie and Josie. Josie says this is an actual nightmare. Our 11th birthday party. They got in a fight with Dad because we invited everyone but Hope. So Hope retaliated after Ric invited her, anyway. Lizzie says Dad realized Hope is evil.

The office. Ric chewing out little Hope. Hope says it's not fair. Their whole family comes! What am I supposed to do when Lizzie and Josie are mean to me? He says be strong. There's a new art exhibit at the museum. Modern. Go find the beauty in that, and maybe find the beauty in what we talked about, too. They sneak out the window to get ice cream. Lizzie's freaking out.

Hope is puking outside the bar. Rebekah wants to help. Being a vampire can be indescribably beautiful. The heightened senses. But what's the point if you don't appreciate it. Hope says you want to be human again. Rebekah has been a vampire for over 1000 years and experienced everything one can. Except she envied Hope and Nikalus having the little miracle that is you. But she'd give up the Cure for Hope. Hope calls her a hypocrite. Rebekah says you're right. I am a hypocrite. I always hated when Niklaus did this to me. She daggers Hope.

Ric and Emma argue about admitting Hope. He thought Hope was a ticking time bomb after reading Emma's evaluation. The school is under construction. Emma pleads Hope's case, but Ric's mind is made up. Josie wondered what changed Ric's mind. Lizzie hopes the next memory helps them figure it out.

Why did you pull us out? MG didn't. Ric is coding. Doctors and nurses come in to try to save him.

Ric had a hemorrhagic stroke. Doctors don't think they can. He may be able to hear us for....a little while. MG can't accept that. We've been going around this wrong. We have to get you ahead of him. Figure out exactly where he'll go next. Isolate the memory before he.... Lizzie thinks it'll be about Hope. MG disagrees. Josie says one of us should stay here....in case he.... Lizzie hugs her. I don't want to be alone, either. MG will go with her.

Rebekah puts Hope in her truck. Bartender comes out and breaks her neck.

He's on the phone with a British lady. Assaulting the aunt wasn't part of the plan, but looks like dealing with a Tribrid isn't so tough, after all. He did what he was told and the rest is for "the three of you to figure out." He puts his hand on the bar and Hope stabs it with the dagger. Scared, yet?

Into Ric's mind. They're in a hospital corridor. Whitmore Medical Center. Baby girl A and B Forbes. Door opens. Ric's hurrying in. Elizabeth! They hug. She cries. Ric's conscious mind is in this spot, at least.

**How did the bartender know to be there for Hope the tribrid to visit? Were his three bosses watching everything she did for a while?

Ric asks how'd you find me? MG. Thank you. He says things aren't going to well in the real world. I know what happened. I think my life is flashing before my eyes. Seeing you makes up for it. Where's Jo? Lizzie says come back with us and see her yourself. He says sweetie, I'm not sure I can. Shows her where he was holding the Twins the first time. Giving you names. It was without question, the happiest day of my life. It was a complicated delivery. I guess I always thought I had more time. The hallway is going dark. But I don't. So I'd like to apologize while I can.

Bartender tells Hope you're the hunted, not the hunter. Open my shirt. He's tattooed and branded. Triad allegiance. The original bloodlines. All united to kill monsters. You're their purpose, Tribrid. Destroying you is the only thing they all agree on. He says you can't kill me! Kill them and we'll both be free. He starts to tell a name and immolates.

Lizzie asks what does he want to apologize for? Ric says his whole life was about protecting you and your sister. Hope was a risk. But then I started seeing it another way. I saw a world where the three of you became friends. Family. In case..... The hall getting darker. So please forgive me, Lizzie. You too, Milton. For the danger I've put you in. MG doesn't agree, but he'll forgive if Ric needs it. Lizzie refuses. Forget about walking off into the light! You need to come back with us right now! Make up for all of it and apologize to Josie. Hear me? Always. But just in case. I'm sorry for all the times I wasn't there for you. For not telling you how perfect you are in my eyes. I'm sorry for leaving you in a world more dangerous than before when all I wanted to do was make it safer. You 'll figure it out. Better than I could. I love you. Take care of each other no matter what. Promise me. Lizzie starts to say something in his arms when all the light goes out.

**This can't be Ric's end. Matt Davis is in next week's credits. And this show is not ready to lose the one adult.

Kaleb and Cleo arrive at the bar. Hope's gone. Cleo says this doesn't count as our first date. LOL. She's overcome a lot of things impossible. Having him here makes it easier. He's not going anywhere. He pours drinks. She kisses him.

Ethan finds MG outside. Lizzie and Josie staying with Ric. His body is stable but his mind is gone. Ethan sits on the bench. Finch and I wanted to do something if you think it's a good idea. MG says the school is better for having you here. But I need to tell you something. Ethan knows MG is the other guy. Lizzie told me about a will they won't they thing. MG asks if it'll make things weird. The day will come when I tell her exactly how I feel. Ethan doesn't see why they can't be friends. Super Friends. They hug.

Josie in the hall. I should've been there. All I could do was watch as he slipped away. I wanted you to stay behind. But I didn't say it. Lizzie is sorry. I'm selfish. I don't say that enough. Guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. I promise I'll find a way to bring Dad back. They leave the hospital. "Be Still" is playing. All the students outside with candles. Ah hell. Jed playing guitar. Damn, like Ric's vigil in TVD when we thought he would die and not transition.

Rebekah wakes. You're going to leave me here dumped on the side of the road like garbage. Rebekah tries to appeal to her, bringing up Niklaus. Hope says He's dead. Know what killed him? Family. Love. Me. So maybe you should try to stop being like him. Rebekah says You’d do well to take your own advice. Hope says That was a warning. So if you care about our family, stay away from me. I am my father’s daughter, but I won’t make the same mistakes.
Rebekah says He’d be so ashamed. Then Hope says don't leave. Hands the pendent over. it's probably spelled, FYI. You keep it. I'm keeping your car.

Then Hope drives away. Phone rings. Hope asks who is this and the woman knows her name. It's the same British voice. Hope says I'll be coming for you, whoever you are. Not soon enough. I'll be waiting. So, Triad was calling Rebekah? Hm.... Was that Emma's voice? Aurora from The Originals? An unknown party? And if that was Rebekah's phone ringing in the car and not Hope's, then what have Rebekah and Marcel been up to for three years?

Next ep - Lizzie accuses Josie of being more concerned with Hope than their father.

Next week:

"You're A Long Way From Home"
YOU CAN RUN BUT YOU CAN'T HIDE - Josie (Kaylee Bryant) and Lizzie (Jenny Boyd) search for answers, which leads Lizzie to uncover a dangerous plan. Cleo (Omono Okojie) works on tracking down Hope (Danielle Rose Russell), who does not want to be found. Hope pays a visit to a familiar face. Meanwhile, Landon (Aria Shahghasemi) gets some clarity - and a surprise visitor. Matthew Davis, Quincy Fouse, Chris Lee, Ben Levin, and Leo Howard also star. America Young directed the episode written by Thomas Brandon & Kimberly Ndombe (#402). Original airdate 11/18/2021. 

No comments:

Post a Comment