Pages

Thursday, April 28, 2022

#Legacies 4.16 - "I Wouldn't Be Standing Here If It Weren't For You" live blog recap #godsandgoddesses #witches #vampires #werewolves #tribrid #LukeMitchell

"I Wouldn't Be Standing Here If It Weren't For You"
FAMILY FIRST - Hope (Danielle Rose Russell) continues her fight and Lizzie (Jenny Boyd) devises a plan to potentially help. Cleo (Omono Okojie) is fearful of her visions and what it means for those she loves. Alaric (Matthew Davis) sends Kaleb (Chris Lee), Ethan (Leo Howard), and MG (Quincy Fouse) on a high-stakes mission. Jed (Ben Levin) finds himself needing to make a very difficult choice. Meanwhile, Landon (Aria Shaghasemi) makes a surprising discovery. The episode was written by Layne Morgan & Courtney Grace and directed by Jason Stone (#413). Original airdate 4/28/2022.

Image credit: The CW
 

Episode 16: 

Kaleb needs a tow truck. Cleo's distracted. recording her vision before it fades. She saw the world burning. He says there's no future except the one we make for ourselves. He looks at another sketch. A waitress drops a glass and that's Cleo's drawing.

The cage. MG came to Hope. Hunger only makes things worse. She apologizes. He says we need you. Lizzie also came back and she's done things, too. May have helped Ben raise his father. He wants to grab the keys. Hope says you can't. I'm in control of my body, but not my mind. You can't let me out until she's gone for good. He'll get more blood. She asks for more clothes. He leaves. Hope sees her dark side. Only a matter of time before I walk out of here.

Ric brings Belgian waffles to Lizzie. She's hiding in bed. Ric says they need communication. He tells her he was in Limbo. I'd like to do better, starting now. She shows her brand is gone. Someone raised a sleeping god. Talking isn't going to help. Ric says find someone to talk to. Even if it isn't me. But first....waffles.

Kaleb and Cleo return to the school.

Landon gets free. Necro says leave me be. He wants an audience with their kidnapper. Landon thinks it'll be worse than the genie. A woman enters. Sela. Necro flirts with her. Landon walks past him. Mom? Hello, son. I guess I have some explaining to do.

Jen confirms that Cleo's drawing could be her father's handiwork. My half brother raised the bastard. Jed doubts Ben is involved. For sure. Jen says Cleo is an oracle. They see what will happen. So I can't change the future? Sorry, dude. Ric tells Jed and Finch to empty the school. MG and Ethan clear the town. Cleo worries about Kaleb.

Hope wondering why Dark Hope is still here. Who says you're on your own for this one, kiddo. Lizzie arrives. Can we talk?

Lizzie ranting. Hope says this is a bad time. Lizzie says you're the only one I can talk to about this now you're back to your old self. Hope tells her the dark version is still around. We made stupid and selfish choices and instead of apologizing, you want people to understand you. They argue about the worst sins. Hope says the worst version of you is just you. Lizzie runs off. Dark Hope says maybe I am getting stronger.

Sela tells Landon about getting to Limbo. She went looking for a drink. Wanted to disrupt the genie. He doesn't deserve Peace. Your turn. Landon tells her about his death. She's known he's been here for a while. Sorry about the bag over your head. She thought he wouldn't remember her. It was supposed to be the perfect goodbye. You're a good person. You deserve Peace. She fears he's stuck there because of her.

Kids evacuating. Cleo is trying to figure out what comes next. She's not getting a vision, though. Jed offers to help. Oracle powers were always used for a question or problem someone had. Ben betraying them doesn't make sense to him. She gets a vision. Sketches. Kaleb beheaded!

Hope drawing a spell. Dark Hope is feeling pretty confident. Even if you beat the gods, you can't save your friends. Some will die. One tiny mistake, and they all die. Like Landon. Like everyone else you've lost. Let me out. I'll make it all go away. Lizzie returns. I might know how to help.

MG got people on a bus. Kaleb says the cops are blocking the roads. Kaleb feels weird. Never heard it this quiet before. MG says one more sweep here, then we head back to the school. He leaves. Kaleb hears someone. It's Ben! With a gas can and lighter. Kaleb asks What are you doing? You're not going to like my answer.

**Why does Ben need fire?

**I do miss some of the scenery from Vampire Diaries and The Originals. Legacies has less iconic places.

Kaleb says Cleo had a vision the whole town was in flames. Ben says you're ahead of schedule. I'm trying to save as many of you as I can. He needs to keep the Squad occupied until his father gets what he wants. Kaleb says burn the town down. We'll build it back up again. I'm heading back since there's no one that needs saving. Ben says that's not true, then clobbers him with a meter.

Lizzie gives Hope a therapy spell. Helps you release what you're afraid of. Lizzie thinks Hope is holding on to Dark Hope. Defense mechanism. I used to be a raging bitch to you, but it wasn't because I hated you. It was because I idolized you. You were cool and smart and mysterious, and I was always saying the wrong things. So I pushed you away. That's what we do when we're afraid. We build defenses. Find out what she's protecting you from now. Hope says show me the spell.

Ethan wonders where's Kaleb? He lands at MG and Ethan's feet. Ben tells Ethan to bring the Squad to face him. Quickly. Jed shows up. I'll handle him. Ethan teleports MG and Kaleb.

Landon helped a lady get a coin. Helping people figure out how to get to Peace is a worthy cause. Sela says thank you. But it won't be enough. I tried to cross over several times. But it's never enough. Landon says because you haven't gotten a coin of your own yet. I have time for one more client.

Lizzie tells Hope what to do with the box. Put your fear and anger in the box. Dark Hope is chatty. Hope says you belong in the box. The box shakes. Lizzie says picture your fear transforming into something beautiful. Leads a chant. And now a butterfly comes out. Hope sets it on fire. Just in case.

Ken arrives outside. Blasted the gates. You know who I am. You're right to fear me. But I have no interest in anything but what I came for. My traitorous daughter! Hand her over to me. If not, you're all going to die. Nice effect having his voice echo through the land.

**Does Ken have enough honor to mean what he says? Would he take Jen and go?

MG doesn't want to give him Jen. Kaleb is healing. Ethan says the jump took a lot out of him. Hope and Lizzie enter. I'm back and I know what to do.

Jen in the woods. Cleo finds her. She saw Jen running away. And we all died. We would never hand you to your dad. They could've sent me away. Even after I betrayed their trust. But they saved me. Cleo tells Jen she changed the future today. Jen says when you change the future, you might not be an Oracle anymore. You become something else. Cleo passes out.

Hope tells Lizzie that she was scared of losing everyone. I didn't want to feel that pain again. But today, I'll keep everyone alive. Figure out the rest later. Pinky swear. To the bitter end.

Sela says it's a waste of time. I have no illusions. She ran to protect herself. I was never a good fit for motherhood. I don't believe I deserve Peace. I'm not getting a coin. So let's make new memories. Get ice cream or something. Landon would like that. But he has to say something first. I'm not going to say I forgive you. You don't need it from me. I'm not mad at you. You loved me the only way you could. You were protecting me. If you're not ready for Peace, I respect that. But I'm good. I'm happy. No matter what, you have not damaged me. I'll be okay. So ice cream sounds great. Let's do that. She gets a coin.

Hope comes out to Ken. I'm Klaus Mikaelson's daughter. He did everything for family. This school is my family. If you want to hurt them, you'll have to go through me.

Send a little girl to challenge a god? I'm almost insulted. She throws fire at him and it doesn't work. Lizzie grabs his head from behind. Blows back. He zaps at Hope. Then goes after Lizzie. Lifts her by her throat. Sends her flying to land on the gate. She's punctured on an iron spike.

Jed pushing Ben to talk to him. Then fight him. Ben says stop. I had to wake my father. Whoever woke him would get his boon. I had to get him to break my curse. No more monsters. He can break yours, too. Come with me and I'll show you how. Jed breaks Ben's neck.

Ken kicking Hope. Why won't you die? She says it's kind of my thing. His punches and kicks hit hard. He picks up her sword. Nothing is unkillable. Even you will prove a disappointing adversary. Jen says stop! Leave them alone. I'll go with you. He drops the sword. My darling. I've missed you. Transports them away on a bolt of lightning. Hope passes out.

Lizzie wakes. Ric sat with her. You scared the hell out of me. Hope is even worse off than you were. She's resting. Lizzie still feels it's her fault. I'm sorry, Dad. I'll find a way to make it up to all of you. Ric says ask the people you've wronged how to earn it instead of deciding for them.

Jed and Ben in the cage. Ben wakes. He's happy Jed is alive to hate him. I saved the life of someone I love. Jed says that's how you'll tell me the first time? You can't mean it. Love means fighting beside the people you care about, not against them. He locks Ben in.

Landon and Sela walking to the ferry. He told her about Hope. She thought she was missing absolution. But she needed to know she could let go. That he was okay. They hug. You're a good mom. She's proud he's her son. Walks to the Ferryman. Shows her coin. He accepts it.

MG looking for Ethan. Shower running. I wouldn't be here if it weren't for you. Then he hears Ethan fall. What's happening to me? Ethan's phasing out.

Hope still unconscious. Cleo wonders if they only delayed the inevitable. Kaleb says I was scared, too. Just better at hiding it than you are. She tells him what Jen said. Like what? I don't know. Why hasn't Hope woken up, yet?

The boat floats away. Landon turns. Hope is there! He hugs her.

Next ep - Aurora asks Ken for her brother back. Hope still with Landon in Limbo. Necromancer thinks it's quite poetic.


No comments:

Post a Comment