Pages

Tuesday, April 25, 2023

#SupermanAndLois 3.6 - “Of Sound Mind” live blog recap #Superman #LoisLane

“Of Sound Mind”
HOPE VS TRUTH – Clark (Tyler Hoechlin) finds himself in uncharted territory, and Lois (Elizabeth Tulloch) bonds with a new friend. Meanwhile, Superman pays Bruno Mannheim (guest star Chad Coleman) a surprise visit. Lastly, Lana (Emmanuelle Chriqui) puts Sarah (Inde Navarette) in charge while she's away at a meeting with Chrissy (Sofia Hasmik). Diana Valentine directed the episode written by George Kitson (#306). Original airdate 4/25/2023.








Image credit: The CW

Episode 6:

Clark sitting in a support group. Talking about the burden on a spouse with a sick partner. The counselor advises the first woman. A man talks about not knowing how to face the end with his terminal wife. The counselor says 6 months ago her husband was diagnosed with colon cancer. Dan had no quit in him. Even as the chemo took his body and the pain became a constant, he pressed on. Then one day, I realized he was only hanging on for me. So, I sat beside him, took his hand, and I told Dan that it's okay to let go.

Lois with the cancer ladies. A nurse brings files. Mannheim wishes her luck on her article. Next treatment is number 4. Other woman offers to go out to eat and talk about Hob's Bay before that next chemo. Clark comes in from group therapy. Lois asks Clark if he's okay. He says fine. It just wasn't for me.

Sophie complaining that Lana's not watching a movie with her. Lana's late to meet Chrissy. Sarah has to study. Why can't dad take her? Lana says ask him and leaves. Sophie asks Sarah to play a game with her. Sarah brushes her off.

Chrissy texting. Lana gets to the office. There's never enough time anymore. Chrissy rambles. Lana says it's weird....Kyle and I are still figuring out the co-parenting thing.... Wow, I've become the divorced person people cross the street to avoid. Chrissy says no.

Jon complains about the uniform he's wearing. Fire team said he has to wear second hand trainee stuff until he earns a real uniform. Jordan gets home. Passed the last test at the Fortress. Clark hears a call from Sam. The prisoner would only talk to Superman. Pleads to see Mannheim because he's sick.

Superman flies him into Bruno's office. He's dying from tumors. Bruno says take him to a hospital. Superman flies him away.

Firehall. Jon washing the truck. Kyle sitting with Sophie. Sarah arrives. Jon bitches about cleaning the truck. all. day. Sarah reminds him about the math test. Kyle says you're Rusty until I say otherwise. Sophie's pouty that they didn't do anything fun. When's the fair coming? Summer. Kyle promises to take her then. Sarah takes her home.

Clark returns to the house. DeStefano has terminal cancer. Mannheim giving powers to dying criminals. Lois wonders if it's to keep them alive. Jordan comes home covered in mud. Clark says no saves without me! Lois says I told him he could go. There wasn't time to check with you. Clark says tomorrow, you and me at the Fortress. Now go shower. Carpet!

Mannheim with the team that has Bizarro. Onomatopoeia says this is reckless. We only have one shot. He says don't miss.

Kyle and Chrissy in bed. She tells him she interviewed Lana today. The whole time, I couldn't stop thinking about you. It was awful. My heart beating out of my chest. Can't we tell her? I don't want to be some side piece. He says she's not. But he doesn't want his girls to get hurt. Can you give me a little more time, babe? She likes when he calls her that.

James DeStefano had 3 girls. They lost their dad today. Lois looking at estate planning. She's printed out documents. Clark insists she's going to get through this. He insists the papers aren't necessary.

**Denial is part of grief - including when facing illness, because there's grief for the death of "before".

Fortress. Clark looking at the simulation records. Jordan says see? I've done all you asked. Clark tells him to be patient. Jordan says you can't hold me back because I'm afraid. Clark starts a new sim.

Lois and her new friend at a nice restaurant. It used to have red booths and you could bring your own wine. They commiserate about Clark's resistance to facing she's vulnerable. Friend says she's been in this a long time and they'll still do it.

Jon comes to Kyle's to study with Sarah. Kyle leaves. Sophie is hungry. Sarah tells her to get something. Sophie finds a pretty empty fridge.

Lois loved the food. Asks where did all of Bruno's money come from. Thinks the hospital is a front. Friend says it's done so much good. the doctors cared. If they hadn't caught what my first team missed, I wouldn't be here. Dessert comes. Chocolate.

Jordan fighting the sim opponents. Dodges an attack and the bad guys defeat each other. Jordan gets hit. Enough with the sucker punch lasers! Clark says stop fighting me and listen! Jordan thinks he can't handle someone else being super, too.

Lana arrives. Where's Sophie? Sarah says I told her to get something to eat. An.....hour ago. Dad went to run an errand. Lana's checking the comic store.

She finds Kyle at the market. Sophie's missing. She left and didn't come back. Why weren't you with them? He says he took a quick hike. Lana keeps pushing. And finds Chrissy on the other side of the aisle. Kyle says he can explain. Lana says I need to find my daughter.

**Tough one - on the one hand, as a parent, the kids come first. Should always. On the other hand, Sarah is 16 and should be able to babysit her little sister, including not telling her to leave the apartment for food! Call a delivery order or zip over to the fastest thing to pick up, THEN resume studying.

Back to the house. Jordan's still mad. Clark defends himself. Lois asks what is going on with you? He tells her about the "pull". And then the therapist talked about her husband letting go.... Lois says him not acknowledging her possible death is not helping her. You're failing to see this is my reality. Cancer is my villain, Clark and you keep acting like it doesn't exist. She's going for a ride. Apologize to our son.

Sarah and Jon haven't found Sophie, yet. What are Sophie's favorite places? Sarah gets an idea.

And they find her. Leave me alone! Go away! Jon says let me try. Last summer was my first time at the fair. Sophie says everyone forgets about me. They never want me around. Jon says he knows how she feels. Kyle figured it out and arrives. Jon keeps talking to Sophie. Connects. Sometimes I took that out on my brother. But he always had my back. Sophie says that's your family. Mine doesn't care about me. He says I kinda doubt that. Kyle and Sarah hurry to her. Sarah thanks Jon, then hugs her dad. Kyle saya there might be a new shirt in your future.

Clark tells Jordan he's sorry. you're a great kid. Your heart's in the first place. But there's no reason to rush this. Jordan says you had to figure it out alone. Clark and Jordan hear Lois yell. Clark goes.

Superman.... He's searching. Onomatopoeia uses Lois's voice and then blasts Superman with sound waves.

**The villain's name is the literary term for words that are sounds, like pop and crack. Is she supposed to kill Superman here?

She blasts him back into a building. Then mercenaries hit him with Kryptonite beams.

Jordan tells Lois what happened. She says listen for your father and tell me exactly what you hear.

Superman is resisting. Stuggles to his feet. She blasts him with sound again. The mercs advance. He screams.

Jordan says you need to call Grandpa. Lois says there isn't time. Save your father!

Jordan flying.

Superman pinned. Jordan arrives and attacks the goons. Then faces off with Ono. Superman is pinned with sound. Merc shoots Jordan. Superman shoots eye lasers, fights back. Gets to Jordan. Who takes a bit before he gasps. Clark cradles him, grateful he's breathing again. There's a hole in Jordan's new suit.

Home. Jon gets back with a Lil Kent shirt. Jordan and Clark return. Kryptonite doesn't affect Jordan in the same way. Jordan teases Jon. Jon says Sarah thought it was cool. Jordan chases after him. Clark sits with Lois. You were right. I didn't think. Jordan could've gotten hurt. But his human side saved him. When he got shot, that was the worst moment of my life. I've been obsessed with keeping him safe because for the the first time, I can't keep you safe. I feel really powerless. I don't want to lose you. It's terrifying. Lois says she has every intention of beating this. But he promises he'll be better at being there for her in whatever way she needs. They hug.

Lana tells Sophie's she's sorry. Sarah asks to play video games. Zombie dogs. Lana says let's do it. Sophie says maybe Dad wants to play, too. Lana says maybe another time.

Chrissy at the Gazette. Kyle arrives. He texted and called. She says she's busy. Ke says what happened today with Lana is awful and I should've listened to you. She think's he's breaking up with her. He says no. Not what's happening here. He's happy to have found her. She doesn't want Lana mad at her. He says hopefully she's not. Then suggests they make this relationship public. Will you be my girlfriend? Yeah... They kiss.

Group therapy. Clark enters. Reggie just finished. Would you like to share? Clark says hearing your story about your husband, I couldn't fathom saying that to my wife. That scared me in a way I've never been scared before.

Ono says Superman's still alive. I can't do this anymore.

Loi goes back to the restaurant. Sees a photo of Bruno on the wall.

Ono says her powers are faiding. I'm getting worse. It's the cancer friend. Bruno says he's going to save her.

Clark says I need to be the best version of me so I can be there for my wife and boys any way they need. So that's why I'm here.....to ask for help.

Next ep - "Forever and Always" 
HIDDEN TRUTHS - Lois (Elizabeth Tulluch) and Clark (Tylwr Hoechlin) dig deeper on Bruno Mannheim (Chad Coleman), starting with his connections to Hob's Bay Medical Center, while Jonathan (Michael Bishop) and Jordan (Alex Garfin) panic at home over Lois' dire diagnosis. Meanwhile, Matteo (guest star Spence Moore II) comes to Smallville to meet John Henry (Wole Parks) for the first time, and Sarah (Inde Navarrette) and Chrissy (Sofia Hasmik) start to break the ice. Alvaro Ron directed the episode written by Adam Mallinger (#307). Original airdate 5/2/2023.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment