Pages

Wednesday, April 26, 2023

#TheFlash 9.9 - "It's My Party and I'll Die If I Want To" live blog recap #Arrowverse #TheFlashFinalSeason #OliverQueen #Arrow

"It's My Party and I'll Die If I Want To"

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BARRY; STEPHEN AMELL, DAVID RAMSEY, KEIYNAN LONSDALE, AND SENDHIL RAMAMURTHY GUEST STAR – Team Flash throws a surprise birthday party for Barry (Grant Gustin) but things go terribly awry when Ramsey Rosso (Sendhil Ramamurthy) crashes the festivities. Danielle Panabaker directed the episode written by Sam Chalsen & Emily Palizzi (#909). Original airdate 4/26/2023. 



Image credit: The CW

Episode 9:

Barry will turn 30 the second time. On a cellular level, he's 29. Cecile planned a party. Double checks with Team Flash on duties. It's a surprise party! Wally and Diggle! Barry hugs and thanks everyone.

Music up. Wally gives Iris a drink good for her morning sickness. Even the Chief is there! He and the Captain argue about who was better and ask Barry. He says Central City is lucky to have you both. Diggle pulls Barry over for a gift. ARGUS found this bow in National City. Dig says it's hard to believe it's been 3 years. Sorry to hear about Caitlin. Barry says something about it still doesn't feel right. He says I can't accept this. Maybe we display it in the Hall.

Chester has a gift for Allegra. Something I made you for our 1 month anniversary. It'll conceal her identity when she goes in the field. She loves it. And him.

OMG they're karaoke Spice Girls-ing. Barry on the balcony. Wally comes outside. He has an idea. He's looking for alternate timelines in the Speed Force, looking for an alternate him that has already achieved enlightenment. Baggage holds you back. Barry asks what baggage. You went to Tibet to deal with things from your past. Wally waves it off. Hmm.

Chester gives glasses to Iris and Barry. They all cheer the birthday boy. Barry says he's lucky to have the best friends and family in the world. I love you all. They drink and all don't feel good. Everybody stop drinking now! They collapse. Wally asks what's happening? Bloodwork comes in! I hope you don't mind me crashing your party. Ramsey poisoned the drinks.

Why all the sour faces? Don't tell me I missed the cake? Barry confronts him. Wally says we can solve this without violence. Barry's focused on Ramsey. Barry calls him a monster. Little Nora West-Allen will be the first Blood baby born into a whole new world. Soon your meager healing factors will run out. Ramsey disappears.

Because what we saw was a hallucination. Ramsey says Time to begin the good work. Chester's not poisoned. He doesn't drink champagne. Ramsey says now I have to bring the party to you. Makes Team Flash zombie crawl at him. Iris is resistant because of Nora. Ramsey says I've been playing the long game and you already lost.

Barry yells at Ramsey in the dark. You can't break me this time! Ramsey says You rejected my offer and now your friends are dropping like flies. But he doesn't need Barry.

Ramsey has Wally seeing things. Mommy needs her medicine. Ramsey says you need a friend and we can help each other. He learned about Crisis the last time he was in Barry's mind, but I guess it didn't take.

**How did Ramsey get his blood drops into the bottles with no one spotting him? And shouldn't he be on video for security to see?

Wally says the Multiverse is dead. I lost Jessie and she's never coming back. Ramsey says what do you see, alternate timelines, or other Earths? Wally says you can't tempt me with simple desires. I know my truth. Ramsey says why haven't you reached enlightenment? All you have to do is choose life. Wally says your slavery is not choice! Ramsey understands the suffering. I couldn't save my mother. I had to watch her die. You understand what I'm trying to do. Ending the suffering. A multiverse where no one has to watch their loved ones die ever again.

Chester hears Iris say she's in the Time Vault. Allegra is in Chester's workshop. Doing this to people ain't a gift!

Barry tells Ramsey to leave Wally alone. Ramsey says I have no intention of harming him. Suddenly they're on a film set! Ramsey hurries Barry to the police lab set. Barry's in the Flash suit now. Action! Hi, kids, I'm the Flash. Actor Barry Allen on living with grief. Barry refuses to read it. A coffin drops Frost's body on the ground. Caitlin appears to Barry. Ramsey gets annoyed.

Barry is back in the party room and Wally is stuck against the wall. Whatever Ramsey showed you, it's not real. Ramsey's manipulating you. It's the only way he can beat our speed healing. Wally's angry. You stole my dad. I had nobody! So selfish! Because you think you're the only person that matters. Barry says Joe loves you and I love you. Wally says I hate you  and vibrates his hand into Barry. Barry falls and coughs.

Barry wakes in the forest. Oliver's there! Barry, Barry, Barry. What have you done this time? LOL!

**Huh, Stephen looks the same. It was only 3 years, yeah, but some people change in that time. Did WB have Oliver's stuff in a storage so Flash show didn't have to make anything new?

Lian yu! Barry thinks Ramsey is messing with his head and Oliver's not real. Remembers Wally killed him. It's really you. Hugs Oliver. Okay.....let go. Barry, let go. Then I'm .. You're dead. Iris. the baby. The whole world's in danger! Oliver made the multiverse to replace the old one. Red Death is from Earth 4125. Ramsey wants to spread his cells to every world out there. Wall thought he was reaching alternate timelines. He was reaching alternate Earths. So, if Ramsey's control gets permanent....

Ramsey in Allegra crushes the device he made for her. Khione at the door! She freezes Allegra. And the others. She's safe! I was waiting for the cake until I heard a presence calling me, needing me here. But the job isn't done.

Wally and Ramsey sped through the city. Time we started. Wally reaches out to the Speed Force. I feel them. Millions of worlds, waiting for your lifeblood. Ramsey thanks him. Sends his blood into the hole.

Oliver is disturbed. The attack's starting. Barry wants Oliver to bring him back from the dead. Oliver says not while there's a part of you that doesn't want to go back. That's not true. Oliver says you've always been a terrible liar. Barry says it's my birthday. Iris threw this party, and all I could think about is the people who couldn't be there. Tell me, how is it right and they're dead? How's that fair?! Oliver says life is a lot of things. Fair isn't one of them. Barry brings up the dead loved ones Oliver brought back. Except his father. Bringing him back would've harmed reality and I already wasted his gift. Drowning in a sea of guilt. 9 years where I thought if I saved the world just one more time, I'd feel different. I was wrong. This guilt is never going to go away. You have to live with it. So that in all this darkness, you can be a guiding light. A hero. Because heroes don't stop running. Damn right. So. Are you ready to start running? Barry says you're not going to boop me again. That killed the Speed Force last time. No. I'm not going to boop you. Oliver punches him. LOL.

Arrow is back when Barry is. Barry says you missed this. Oliver goes for the bow. Not as much as I missed this. Let's go kick some ass.

**Actually, Stephen's hair looks gray in the sunlight. Wow.

They reach the breach. They need a massive UV pulse. Oliver's weakened by the attack on the multiverse. Ramsey says he's honored. Too late. Wally worships at the alter of Bloodwork. Oliver says you're starting to piss me off. Those worlds don't belong to you! Ramsey says you're right. They belong to them. Sends blood zombies at the Arrow. Oliver's a little rusty at first, then starts kicking ass. Taking out the attackers one by one.

Khione and Chester. Are you sure this is going to work? Trust me. She works on Diggle. He vomits the blood out. What the hell? Did that come out of me? Where's Barry? He needs your help. Chester gives him a helmet.

Wally versus Barry. Chasing Barry. I'm not going to fight you, Wally. I'm sorry. For all the days that I made you feel like you didn't matter. Everyone has darkness inside. You can beat this, Wally. I know you can! He radiates lightning, then hugs Barry. I'm sorry. Barry says let's go save the multiverse.

Ramsey is about to go against Oliver when Diggle blasts him in the back. Diggle hugs Oliver. Ramsey grows into his Blood hulk form. Sends them sprawling. Speedsters attack him. Rope him with lightning. Oliver says You have failed this city! And fires an arrow. Spectre energy into the breach.

Everyone is freed.

The 4 heroes line up. Ramsey says I'm human again! Spectre cleansed him. Including the HLH. Ramsey says I was supposed to cure death. Supposed to save the world.

**The gravelly Arrow voice didn't quite work here.

Iris thanks Oliver. Oliver says he's only allowed to intervene when the multiverse is in danger. Khione understands. It was you! you were the voice. She says that's a lot to digest. I'm going to meditate. Diggle asks now what. Oliver says wasn't a party happening? He and Diggle toast with beers.

Iris asks Wally if he's okay. Don't know. He now knows he has to look within to find the answers he wants. He says you'll be the best mom. You'll be the best uncle.

Oliver finishes. Lyla wants Diggle home. So. Will they get to see you this time? Oliver says his powers come with rules. Diggle says William is in college and Mia can climb the salmon ladder with the best of them. Oliver's kept tabs. Tells Diggle he did the right thing rejecting the cube. Your brightest days are ahead with your family. They hug.

Barry and Oliver at a bar. How many Flashes are there? No one more impressive than you. 180 saves. Versus 170. Heh. Oliver says you made me a better man. Toast in Russian. Oliver says he's done enough to upset the cosmic order for one night. You got this? You're a billionaire. Can't take it with ya. LOL.Oliver stands. Barry asks if he's doing enough with his powers. With his time here? Oliver asks do you give people hope? Are you moving through your city like a guardian angel? Do you make a difference? Oliver's eyes glow. That bolt of lightning chose you. Don't ever forget it. Oh....and happy birthday. He disappears. Barry says thanks.

Next ep - Year 2000. Back with Thawne.



‘The Flash’: Stephen Amell On Returning As The Green Arrow To Send Off The Arrowverse – Q&A
https://deadline.com/2023/04/the-flash-final-season-stephen-amell-returns-green-arrow-interview-1235338290/

The Flash: Stephen Amell Reveals Some of His Return Requests, Cheers That 'Really Cool' Ending to Episode
https://tvline.com/2023/04/26/stephen-amell-the-flash-return-request-green-arrow-costume/

How The Flash Just Tied Up One Loose End From the Arrow Series Finale
https://tvline.com/2023/04/26/the-flash-robert-queen-death-explained-arrow-series-finale/

 

No comments:

Post a Comment